Friday, January 30, 2009

In Two Hours...

I'm headed to meet Brad at the Pentagon to exchange the girls and then continue on to Maryland for a women's retreat with my friends from my former church in New Jersey. I'm SO excited for a variety of reasons. Last week the girls had a few days off with MLK and the inauguration and then this week we had a teacher in service day and two snow days. Although the unexpected time at home with the girls has been a lot of fun it has also been...well, just a lot!

I haven't accomplished much in the past week and all that "together" time inside with some wound up kids has me feeling a little frazzled. So with that said, the time away this weekend is going to be twice as sweet. This is also probably one of my last get aways by myself before the baby comes so I'm keeping that in mind. And finally, and one of the biggest blessings, will be the chance to spend some time with wonderful friends. I'm looking forward to being with people that I have a history with and that I feel known and understood. The first picture on my sidebar under "fabulous friends" is from last year's retreat...all those girls are my roommates and will be attending again this year.

And last, but of course not least, I'm looking forward to a few days of great worship music and speakers. I think I've heard that the theme essentially is the idea of finding "joy in the journey"...sounds like something that if I try really hard I can probably make some personal applications! I'm very appreciative of a husband that is more then capable with the girls on his own and who not only supports me getting away but is also an encouragement.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

I hope you have a great time and come home feeling refreshed emotionally, mentally, spiritually and physically. Although, I don't think womens' retreats are known for sleeping. :)