Saturday, January 24, 2009

My Nightmare

If you know me well at all you'll know I'm not fond of gum chewing. I don't like to chew gum and I don't like to watch people chewing gum. It's like watching someone chew a tough piece of steak, over, and over, and over again. Oprah has this same aversion...this is really the only thing I agree with her on these days. I think she compares it to watching cattle chewing cud. Good analogy.

I can't remember where but I recently heard of Bubble Gum Alley in San Luis Obispo, CA. The tradition of sticking your gum on these alley walls started back in 1960. Fifty years of old chewed gum. I'm feeling nauseous! I seriously don't know if you could pay me to walk through this alley. I know I wouldn't do it with my children present for fear of them rubbing their hands all over the walls. Swim with sharks. Sure. Jump from a plane. I'm game. Walk through bubble gum alley. Think again!

3 comments:

Royal Cuties said...

You've got issues.

Jodi said...

That is absolutely NASTY.

I don't chew gum. I have TMJ.

Anonymous said...

What's worse porta johns or bubble gum alley.

Sherry