Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Cold Feet

I'm feeling a little gun shy about future triathlons. Did I really do five last summer? Perhaps it's because I haven't been on my bike in awhile. Or swimming consistently. Or running that well. Maybe it's the weather. Whatever the reason...I'm intimidated at the thought of another triathlon despite my experience and I'm lacking any motivation.

I was driving carpool today and listening to the conversation between Mckenna and our 5 year old neighbor. Our neighbor was saying, "I can't wait for summer when it will be warm so I can ride my bike again and swim in my pool!"

Mckenna's enthusiastic response was, "My Mommy rides bikes! And swims! And runs! That is called a triathlon and you go really far and have to be really strong like my Mommy! Then you get a necklace with a big circle medal on your neck!"

Maybe I found my motivation.

4 comments:

Chelle said...

Hooray for your daughter reminding you of one simple fact, you are strong! Getting started with training is always the hardest part...

nilvento said...

awwww...that's so cute....

Amy said...

Wow! How great is that! You are her hero! You need to keep that quote with you.

lovin' life said...

I wish she could motivate me, too. I was recently looking at the Seattle triathlon calendar and trying to decide which ones and how many for this year. Too bad you aren't here to do them with...

JayLynn