Wednesday, January 16, 2008

They Keep Me Smiling

At some point in time I know I have to give myself permission to turn the corner with my posts. The antics of my children throughout the day start to seem trivial when pondering ones own mortality. Yet those same antics are the things that bring joy to my life everyday and remind me of the many blessings bestoyed upon me.

Below are some highlights of the past week. Nothing special or specific, just my girls being the "silly goof-balls" they are, as Mckenna would describe. She has been growing out her hair and it's finally long enough for a pony tail. She is very excited about this fact!


Baileigh begged me to braid her hair one night so she could sleep in the braids and have curly hair. This was the result. She was thrilled with the new look. Can anyone say Daryl Hanna from Splash!




Brooke is finicky with bananas but when she is in the mood she will devour one. She was having a good time eating her banana the other day so I took a few pictures. She insists on holding the entire banana and throws a fit if you try to peel it for her.
At one point I asked her to say "cheese" and she actually looked up and said "cheese" which is a first...usually if I try to get her to smile she'll turn and run or look away. Progress!
It snowed briefly the other day. Mckenna had fun enjoying the flakes while we waited for Baileigh's school bus.

Baileigh wanted to take a shower the other night but didn't want to wash her hair. She has incredibly thick hair and it takes forever to dry. I wasn't opposed to her request but couldn't think of any way to keep her hair dry. She wanted a shower cap like "Nana" but I don't have any...but when she said "cap" it made me think of my swim caps. This was the result. Apparently Brooke was bored with her meal.
We got these little kids couches for Christmas from Nana. While the girls like them and use them daily...I think Ranger is the biggest fan.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Good to catch up with you today, Melynie. Glad you are seeing the light peeking through the clouds. I'm so sorry you have to do this, but I'm also excited to hear you seeing possible good that can result as well. Love to your family and prayers too. Baileigh is hilarious in your cap, BTW!

Jodi said...

Ahhhh, what cute pictures. I'm sorry things are hard right now with the loss of your friends....you've reminded me to enjoy my babies, too...now that I have teenaged girls, I see how short childhood really is...I think it's best to enjoy it and revel in it as much as possible...

LDraper said...

Reagan is the same way with bananas. Still, at 3 1/2 years old, she requests for her bananas to be served with the "plastic" on.