Friday, January 25, 2008

Roller Derby Training

We hit the roller rink yesterday (literally at times) to skate off some energy and break in the girl's new skates from Christmas.

Our local rink has a great preschool skate session one morning a week. It's two hours long and is for kids ages 7 and under. The play good music for the little kids and do fun games like the chicken dance, limbo, hokey-pokey etc. Mom's skate while pushing strollers and there is no objections to kids Brooke's age dancing around on the rink. The girls love it and considering this was only their fourth or fifth time on skates their skills have really improved.

Papa got brave enough to try a pair of skates, too.
Brooke was having a blast walking with Baileigh while she was skating. Check out her moves.

Mckenna is still pretty wild on her skates but she is doing better. She wants to wear every pad we own...but she is a trooper and usually jumps right back up after a fall.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is the coolest idea I have seen in a long time. Preschool skate! I love the strollers!

The girls are doing really well on skates. Your dad was looking good too! Where are you?

Sherry

lovin' life said...

I LOVE that your hip, young dad is out there with the girls. That is a memory that will last in their minds for a long while. Way to go, Papa!

Anonymous said...

I think I should try the stroller thing - might keep me upright a bit longer! Looks like fun!
Larsey

Kathy said...

Very cool. I want to see a video of you skating though. Mckenna is crazy!!! : ) She reminds me of Ivan.