Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Publishing Your Blog

One of the influential reasons that I started this blog was the idea that I could eventually publish my posts into a bound book and have a journal of sorts to include with my scrapbooks to pass on to the kids. I've been much more dedicated to chronicling their activities and my thoughts through this blog then I ever would have been in a traditional journal format.

I was researching the concept today and found this website. I'm still doing my research, but I've promised myself that since my blog has now been in existence for over a year in a half it is time to try to print 2006 and see how it turns out. Currently there are issues with printing blogspot blogs...this is what the site said

Why can't I print my Blogger blog?
Blogger.com recently changed the behavior of their server to only provide the 15 most recent posts. Full archive support is expected in the near future. When access to older posts is restored, we will re-enable blogger support after we have completed testing.


Have any of you out there tried to have you blog printed? Whenever I end up doing this I'll be sure to post more about how it turned out. If you know of a better company to publish with please let me know!

4 comments:

nilvento said...

What a great idea!!! Keep us posted on whether or not you finally get this done...

on an aside note....this blog:

http://charmedweigh-in.blogspot.com/

is public...only my original blog is still private....since random patients told Bryan Russell that they saw pictures of him on the web....kinda freaked me out...

Keven & Alicia said...

We did photo books for Christmas this year and used blurb.com
I know they have examples of blogs published into books. We were really happy with the service and quality.

Chelle said...

What a fabulous idea and excellent keepsake! Can't wait to hear how the publishing works out. :)

bondgirl said...

I don't know how but heard that winkflash.com is having a sale on their books - a flat fee for up to 100 pages -- with a little copying and pasting ...