Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Game On

If you follow my blog at all you'll know I'm a fan of The Biggest Loser. I'm thrilled that they are starting another season tonight! As I type I'm watching The Biggest Loser Couples...the perfect show on a day filled with weight related New Year's resolutions.

There wasn't one couple that stood out as a favorite to me...maybe the two former football players or the couple that just met, or the mother/son team. Regardless, we're jumping on board and having our own Biggest Loser Couples competition at home. Yesterday we created a spread sheet and entered our starting weights. Brad is hoping to get some guys from his class to compete with him and I'm hoping to find a few interested friends. I figure the more accountability I have the better! Anyone interested?

I've got not only the New Year's resolution fever but I'm also motivated by all the toys Brad gave me for Christmas. All my gifts had a triathlon theme and included a new tri backpack (complete with it's own stool that attaches to the bag), IPod Nano and a Shuffle and a waterproof kit so I can swim laps with my shuffle!

Although I have 5 tri's under my belt I feel completely overwhelmed at the thought of a triathlon right now. I've maintained my gym schedule but my eating habits have been terrible and my workouts have been weak...as a result I've gained some weight and regressed in my swim, bike and run. I thought that finding a triathlon to specifically train for would also help so I have my sights set on the Black Bear Triathlon in the Poconos. So with all that said, I'll be at the gym tomorrow morning.

2 comments:

nilvento said...

Mel~

Count me in....I liked the Jersey Girls and also the Strangers team. It should be good. Game on lady! Now that the holidays are over, I should be able to really buckle down.

I've got this nasty head cold, so I skipped today, but I was there on Sunday. And I should be there tomorrow as well!

Chelle said...

Sounds fun! If I weren't pregnant, I would so be in the competition with you. Have fun training. Once you get into the routine of it, I know you will love it!