Sunday, May 13, 2007

Unpacking

The moving trucks finally arrived. When the truck pulled into our driveway I was encouraged by the number of pallets...that isn't too bad I thought...then another truck drove up. Oh. We have a lot of crap!


Our rental house has a few issues, but overall I can't complain! The best thing is the 1.5 acre lot that the kids love! They can ride their bikes on the huge driveway and roam the yard all afternoon. We saw 2 wild turkeys the other morning in the front yard and I've seen about 9 deer since we moved in. The only negative is that the mosquitoes are terrible! I hear they are pretty bad everywhere this year (not in WA!) but being in the woods doesn't help. I do miss my Fred Meyer and drive thru Big Foot Java less then 1 mile from home...it's about 15 minutes to anything comparable to what we used to live near.
Here is a shot of the front of our house (and Brad's new ride). It isn't really my style but as I said before...it is great as far as rentals go! It's in relatively good shape, nice layout, lots of space, and a big yard in a great neighborhood.
The girls enjoyed the boxes. They built forts, hid out for snack time, climbed on them, colored on them, colored in them...you name it!

The photo below is a sneak peak at our "change of address" cards...


The unpacking is going slowly, in my opinion...but considering the challenges of getting settled while entertaining the kids I guess it's progressing fairly well. My goal is by Wednesday to have it done...maybe a few more boxes in the basement and garage at that point, but settled everywhere else. The house has hardwood floors throughout so we have some large rugs arriving on Thursday...I hope on Thursday night to sit back and kick up my feet and enjoy the Office and my clean house...I mean home.

I've had a lot of thoughts about returning to a place where we have previously lived...I'll have to ponder them more before I formulate some thoughts worth sharing. For now we're just trying to get settled and figure out what life is going to look like for our family this next year. At least we have a work schedule in hand for the first time in 10 years and it consists of classes and not deployments! Yahoo!


3 comments:

Double A's Mom said...

Glad to hear you all made it in one piece! I LOVE the new address card picture! What a neat idea! I might have to steal it...

Jodi said...

Hey - are you trying to copy me by buying that truck?? :)

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

Coley is enjoying the pictures of the girls in the boxes... a little too much. She says the boxes say "Baileigh, Mckenna, and Brooke!" Also? She'd like to come over to play.