Monday, May 21, 2007

Mandatory Mingling

We survived our first social at our house on Saturday night. We had about 13 families from Brad's grad school class over for a cookout. It rained 40 minutes before party time. Just enough to get everything wet. The men still gathered on the deck as Brad manned the grill...but most of the wives and kids stayed inside. Did I mention kids? There were over 20 kids here...Baileigh was the oldest! That made me feel old.

Why does our huge driveway make me so happy? Who thought that a big piece of pavement could do that! We had 14 cars parked in the driveway and had plenty of room for more as well as all the cars were still able to come and go without anyone needing to move their vehicle.


We received 4 bottles of wine for gifts, too bad we don't really drink. Maybe to be polite I'll have to pop one open, or regift. I guess I'll be ready now when my family visits.

Did I mention there were over 20 kids here. Under 5! Yikes.
Nice apron, huh!

5 comments:

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

Wow, with all the marathon unpacking I know you were glad to collapse into a chair when it was all over. Yes, Brad has a very nice apron. I bet it got some comments.

And if YOU'RE not going to drink the Reisling, send it to me.

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

Aw, crap. I misspelled it. I meant RieslingS.

LDraper said...

I have deck envy.

Abundant Joy said...

WOW!!! Glad ya'll made it to NJ okay. Great apron. 20 kids under 5 in one place. Oh my!!! Love the pictures of the girls.

Double A's Mom said...

Dude! That house is a rental? It's awesome! Maybe we should try East Coast...