Saturday, May 19, 2007

Party Time

For those of you who aren't aware, we moved to NJ because my husband was accepted into a 13 month graduate program through the AF. He is in a small class with 16 students. The evening before his first day I made the comment to him that I would be willing to host something at our house this semester if they ever need a place.

Next day. Brad is telling me about his first day of orientation and his classmates. Towards the end of the conversation the follow dialogue occurs (mind you that this conversation took place 4 days after our movers arrived as we sit in the midst of boxes and a very messy house):

Brad: "Oh, we're on for Saturday!"
Melynie: "Saturday? What's up?"
Brad: "A cookout, with the entire class and their families...so about 30 adults and probably 30 more kids!"
Melynie: "That sounds good. Where?"
Brad: "Here."
Melynie: "What?"
Brad: "Yeah, here...you said you were up to hosting something for the class."

While technically Brad was accurate, I thought that logically he would assume that the first weekend was a little soon considering our unpacking and settling status. That conversation was 4 days ago...since then we've come a long way and I think we're up to the challenge. However, the forecast calls for rain. It's looking promising right now but we're still 5 hours away from party time. Figures, a huge deck and 1.5 acres for kids to roam on and we'll probably all be inside. At least my new rugs arrived about 30 minutes ago!

1 comment:

Traci said...

You are superwoman. Let me repeat: YOU ARE SUPERWOMAN. I don't know how you do it. I had no idea it was so difficult to transfer a household.