Monday, May 21, 2007

Caffine Please!

For Mother's Day the girls (and Brad) gave me this new coffee maker. I think it is to help me as I slowly detox and withdrawal from my drive thru BigFoot Java in WA. It is one of those machines that uses the pods and pressure brewing technology! It creates 1 or 2 cups of coffee at a time. We have friends who are obsessed with the Senseo coffee maker...exact same concept but the one thing they mentioned was the fact that the Senseo pods were pricey. That got me to thinking about not wanting to be limited in my coffee choices...so I decided I liked this brand coffee maker since you can use other brand pods as well as the fact that you can use ground coffee as well! That was the big seller for me.
Brad doesn't drink coffee and I am only an occasional drinker...and only 1 cup in the morning if I have any at all. Usually I would end up dumping out a cup or two of cold coffee a few days later. This is perfect because I put my pod in or scoop of ground coffee, stick my mug underneath (or I can adjust the height of it and stick my tall travel mug underneath) and it makes 1 or 2 cups directly into my mug and I'm done!

Maybe this isn't such a great thing...maybe I'll become such a consistent drinker that I'll find myself needing more then 1 to 2 cups each day!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

You are hilarious. I am a POT a day... but this looks fabulous. Yes... Big Foot Java... only the mention of the name brings me to tears... Glad you all are adjusting well. Miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

A note from the Senseo fanatics.... glad you've found a way to get the caffeine fix! It looks like the social event was a success. Hugs to you all from the land of Big Foot Java...

:) Beth