Monday, May 14, 2007

Overheard Conversations

Today I overheard two extremely funny conversations.

At the park two women were talking. The one woman said, "My Nanny is great, except she has a significant hearing impairment! She has an amplifier that she can wear around her ear and it helps a lot...but the problem is that it is set at a frequency that doesn't bother the human ear but my cat can hear it and she goes crazy. So either my Nanny has to be deaf when she is at my house or my cat goes insane!"

The second conversation was in the car with the girls. We passed by a cemetery which led Baileigh to ask a bunch of questions about death. She was trying to grasp the concept of a body being buried and what all that entails. I tried my best to explain that it is just a body but not your spirit. I took the opportunity to try to explain more to her of Heaven and our Heavenly bodies vs our earthly bodies. I told her that essentially just a body without any life in it is buried in the ground. She thought about it for a few minutes and then grew concerned at the thought of all those bodies in the ground. I told her that by now they are really just bones in the ground. She thought some more and then laughed and said, "Wow, that will be strange...I've never gone anywhere without my bones before!"

1 comment:

Lovin' on my Boys said...

Did you hear that when Blake (on American Idol) was asked to use a title to describe his life, he said, "Organized Chaos"! How crazy is that? Have I written enough posts to make your "Blogs I Read" list yet? ;) Love ya!