Saturday, July 15, 2006

SHE IS MINE!

Today the girls wanted to watch our wedding video. A few weeks ago I came downstairs to find them watching it. Brad had put it in and they were enthralled. They love to see Mommy in her fancy dress and watch the dancing and see Daddy put cake in Mommy's face. So this is now a popular video to watch.

At the beginning of our wedding we showed a video made from pictures of our childhood. There is a baby picture of me in the video that looks exactly like Brooke! I thought she resembled me as a baby a little but this picture looked like Brooke in a dress from 1974. I held her up next to the TV to get a closer match. My in-laws agreed, which I thought was complete confirmation since usually the two different sides of family always want to claim that the baby looks just like their side of the family...somehow making it more part of the family or something if it resembles someone from their blood line. I find this an odd and weird phenomenon. So agreement that it looks like the "other" side must meen there is just no denying it.

I was just relieved to see that she looks like me...she isn't the mailmans, and I'm definitely the mother. In case there was any doubt! Baileigh looks like her Daddy, Mckenna is a little mix, and Brooke (now my favorite, just kidding) is the most beautiful baby in the world...and looks just like me!

2 comments:

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

I know how you feel. These girls look nothin' like me. Maybe the third? Whenever THAT may be!

Anonymous said...

you are all my girl and I can't wait to get home and claim you!