Thursday, July 06, 2006

Saying Good-Bye

This is how we all feel about deployments!!!







I'll spare you a lot of details of our day. It was full of tears. Lots of whining and complaining (by all of us). Some laughs and heart to hearts.


It's over. We've begun and I guess every day is progress towards a reunion. We all look generally happy in these photos...I selected carefully and decided to omit the ones where we're puffy eyed and look like blubbering idiots.


Mckenna isn't accidently looking away in this photo...she apparently decided to handle her emotions by being shy and uncooperative. That's kind of how I felt like acting too, but it's more socially acceptable for her since she is two.

1 comment:

Double A's Mom said...

Deployments do suck! For me, it felt a whole lot better when he finally left because I could then anticipate him coming home instead of anticipate him leaving. I'll be thinking of you guys.