Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Explain this to me!

I admit that I have waited for a parking spot before. I usually give myself a 30 second cap on sitting and waiting for a spot. With the exception of the holiday season on a rainy day with three kids...then I'll wait a few minutes if there is absolutely no where to park except across the 5 lane road in a neighboring lot.

Today I was leaving the YMCA...this isn't a quick process sometimes with the 3 kids and today I had to change a poopie diaper before we left so it took us about 10 minutes to actually get out of the parking lot. As I was walking to our car somebody slowed down to wait for my spot. Admittedly it was a great spot, right next to the handicapped spot in the front. I just got lucky and it was open as I drove by. I thought that surely when they saw that I had 3 kids to load and a dirty diaper to change they would move on to a less desirable spot. Nope...they waited, and waited, and waited. I even tried to politely smile and gesture at the beginning of my departure routine that I wouldn't be leaving at the current moment. But they waited, and waited, and waited. Are we not at the gym? This woman looked dressed to work out. Can you explain to me being so lazy that you'll wait 10 minutes for a spot that is 20 yards from available spots so that you don't have to walk as far to the gym to exercise? Go figure.

I even admit to the fact that I watched her (after she got her favorite spot apparently) get out of the car and walk in. I was thinking that perhaps she would be justified in her waiting if she had some type of physical alligment. Nope...she got out with her water bottle and MP3 player and headed in. Hope she had one exhausting work out...at least she won't expend too much energy returning to her car.

No comments: