Sunday, July 30, 2006

Bedtime

Two conversations I never imagined having before being a Mom:

The girls have been in bed for 15 minutes. I go back in their room to give them a warning since I hear a lot of commotion.

Me: "What are you doing Mckenna?"
Mckenna: "I'm making a nest."

I notice a large lump in her shirt.

Me: "Lay down and be quiet."
Mckenna: "But I'm going to have a baby Mommy and I have to get my nest ready."

Baileigh: "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy."
Me: "WHAT Baileigh"
Baileigh: "A few minutes ago, a few minutes ago, a few minutes ago..."
Me: "WHAT"
Baileigh: "A few minutes ago, my ear was hurting, so I touched it and felt something crusty behind it and I picked it and wiped it on the wall so it doesn't hurt anymore!"

Mckenna: (Making a ton of noise)
Me: "BE QUIET MCKENNA...this is your last warning!"
Mckenna: "okay Mommy, I'll be quiet now because I just had my baby (holding up the doggy that had been in her shirt for me to see) so now I can sleep."

Me: "Goodnight girls...be quiet or I'll have to get the spoon!"

No comments: