Thursday, July 27, 2006

3 Weeks Down

It was 3 weeks ago yesterday that Brad left. I was assessing what I have learned in that time:

Jelly fish don't always sting.
No naps stink.
Friends are priceless.
Email is priceless.
I'm the queen of multi-tasking.
Blogging is addictive.
Urgent Care closes within 30 minutes of an illness appearing.
A scratched cornea is blinding.
A good babysitter is hard to find...when you do, pay them well!
I'm okay with charity.
"Thank you Mommy" and "I love you Mommy" can make me feel great and guilty.
I can magically make money disappear.
Small 1st Aid Kits don't have enough band-aids for a full days outing.
Business is slow in July.
4 days of temperatures in the nineties with no AC and a little baby really stinks!
I'm tired of moving sprinklers.
Soon I'll be tired of the rain and wish I was moving sprinklers.
I don't intentionally play with my girls enough every day.
I can fall asleep reading easier then watching TV.

A difficult bedtime can ruin an otherwise okay day.
Bedtime prayers can fix an otherwise bad day.
I'm impatient (didn't really learn this...just confirmed it).
A personal letter in the mail can make a bad day good.
Bills are stressful.
I'm a better parent when I'm not alone.
I miss my best friend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I miss you too!