Wednesday, July 05, 2006

D-Day!

The day finally arrived. After many months of anticipation and dread, the day of the deployment has arrived! Seems like I was just writing my first blog in preparation for this time. Let me preface any negativity by saying that I really wished we lived more days like our past few. We spent more time hanging out as a family. We didn't sweat the small stuff. We laughed more. We were more patient. We were more reflective. We were more appreciative. We were more forgiving. We were more affectionate. We were more intentional.
Our goal as a family is to not just survive this event, but thrive...somehow, in light of it. I'm not sure what exactly that will look like, but I think if we can reunite and continue to live life a little bit more like we're about to deploy then something positive grew out of this.

1 comment:

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

The blog will help, I promise!!!

And it will be a good way to show Brad _your_ red hair.

Ha!