Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Gymanstics at the "Y"

Today is our long awaited first day of gymnastics at the YMCA since graduating from The Little Gym. Our "Y" has a ton to offer, but as a result it is so crowded and there are waiting lists for most classes and a lottery system for enrollment. I was lucky enough to get both the girls together in a 3 and 4 year old class (Mckenna is close enough I decided). I signed up for a Saturday since it is the least popular day according to the staff. Apparently most people do things together as a family on that day, for whatever reason...so I thought it may be a good day for us to have a scheduled activity during Brad's deployment. He was able to attend their first session so now he can envision their feats of strength when I describe to him their achievements via email or the phone...the "Y" doesn't allow photos or video cameras in their class, apparently they don't want other coaches to see how gifted the Hall girls are in fear that college and Olympic recruiters would flock to their facility thus increasing the already chaotic and frenzied environment. So you'll just have to take my word for it!


No comments: