Thursday, April 30, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!

I moved out of my mid-thirties this week and entered the next phase as I celebrated my 35th birthday on Tuesday. During the day I went up to DC with my Dad who is in town to meet Brad for lunch and look around the Pentagon and the 9/11 memorial. When Brad got home from work we headed out to a Japanese Steak House. As we were heading out of the house the girls remembered the traditional "Family Birthday Hat" and they ran back inside to find it in their closet...darn! I like the tradition much better when I don't have to wear the hat in public.

The girls had seen a show on the Food Network about a Japanese Steak House and they were excited about the hibachi tables. Unfortunately we walked into the restaurant only to be told that their tables were being remodeled and only their Sushi bar was open. Plan B. We got back in the car and headed to another Japanese Steak House. Problem solved. Baileigh and Mckenna loved the "show", especially when they got to catch food in their mouth. Brooke was a little scared by the fire but she ate all her steak! Morgan was cooperative and slept through the entire meal.
After dinner we returned home to have DQ ice cream cake. Everyone thought it was funny (except me) that the number "35" was turned around to read "53".
I got one present for my birthday. One big present...well technically fairly small but relatively big in price. I've been wanting to do more with photography for awhile now and I've pushed my point and shoot as far as I can so my hubby kindly bought me a new Canon SLR. I'm already having fun with it and hopefully you'll start to see improvement in the quality of my pictures on my blog.



12 comments:

Shell in your Pocket said...

Have fun with your new camera!

Happy Happy Birthday!
sandy toe

Lovin' on my Boys said...

Those restaurants are my favorite! Happy Birthday girl... I'm sure you'll love your new camera. I love my SLR for sure!

Abundant Joy said...

Happy Birthday!!!! Enjoy your new camera.

Anonymous said...

I am pretty sure that 35 is still your mid 30s.

Sherry

Anonymous said...

From someone who is closer to 40 than 35, 35 if definately still mid 30's. I sure hope you had an awesome birthday. You look great!

Stephanie

Hausfrau said...

Happy Belated Birthday! At least I gave you a couple gifts today :)

lovin' life said...

Happy birthday, Friend. Glad your dad could be there to celebrate with you and the fam. You are looking good!
Love,

JayLynn

Tylertopia said...

Happy Birthday and congrats on the new camera! :o) Looking forward to seeing all the great times you'll be capturing with it. You're going to love owning an SLR!

Triple Trouble said...

I love the "hand" photo and the new look.

Traci said...

YEAH!!!!!!

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

I'm a little late, but happy bithday, my friend. I'm excited for your new camera. Is it the XSi? I have the XTi. It's awesome; you'll love it! I can't wait to see the shots you take with it!

Kathy said...

You got one! Yippee for your new experience in photography. I'm sure you're already lovin' it. Happy b-day. :) Hope it was great.