Sunday, April 12, 2009

Thank You!

On Friday our great friends made the drive from NJ to visit us for the day. Unfortunately they hit awful traffic and the 3.5 hour drive became 5 hours! I was praying for an easy trip so they would consider doing it again this summer...guess God missed that prayer!

They were all very excited to meet Morgan. My friend, Melissa holds the record of having been able to visit me twice at the hospital when I have had babies as well as the fact that she went to my ultrasound for Mckenna while Brad was deployed. She now holds the distinction of being my first friend from NJ (or really anywhere outside our new VA friends) to meet one of our girls. Considering we've had 3 out of our 4 babies in different states and two on different coasts that is a pretty impressive record.

Lila has shown more enthusiasm and excitement about the fact that I was going to have a baby then almost anyone else I know. She was one happy little girl to finally meet this baby and get to hold her...until she pooped. Then Lila was ready to hand the baby back!
Emma showed her big sister skills and was a natural with Morgan.
All the girls headed out for a walk with the men...Baileigh returned about 5 minutes later pretty hysterical.

Skipping + flip flops + downhill + excitement + gravel = ripped up hands, skinned knees, big bruises, bloody hip.
I love these pictures...especially the varying heights of the girls...Emma is the oldest, then Baileigh, Mckenna, Lila and Brooke. We've done the math and it would actually be possible for all these girls to be mine! Yikes. Four is enough!
It was awesome to spend the day with friends that know us well and that we have some history with ...that is one of the hardest things about being a military family, always starting over and trying to develop relationships. What is even more challenging is finding a family where the husbands connects, the wives connect, and the kids get along and play well together. We've learned that meeting all that criteria becomes a rarity and that is why we treasure friendships like we have with this family! We're so thankful they care enough about us to make the trip...and hopefully the fact that the drive home only took a little over 3 hours will convince them to try it again sometime!

4 comments:

Royal Cuties said...

Wow! You're so far ahead of me with your blogging - what's MY excuse?! Can I just cut and paste this post? We can't wait to come visit again, and are so glad that you live close enough that we can! I LOVE the new blog look!

Kathy said...

So fun - nothing like good friends... especially when they visit!!! I love the last pic. All of the girls stair step down, on your laps, to little Morgan. :) Your girls are getting so, so pretty and grown up, Melynie. Love Mckenna's expression in that last one!

Lovin' on my Boys said...

I definitely know what you mean about finding a family where everyone clicks. ;) There is a girl I met who actually reminds me of you a little bit. She has one boy and three girls, all within days of my boys. She is moving away too, but this post gives me hope that we can stay connected!

Jenn said...

That's a lot of girls!!! Glad you guys had a great visit!!