Friday, April 17, 2009

With Her Sister's Help

Baileigh called me outside today..."come see what I taught Brooke, Mom!" I went outside to discover her riding her bike. She hasn't wanted to get on that bike for the longest time, but somehow Baileigh convinced her today and taught her how to pedal. It's not like she taught her how to ride without training wheels...but despite my pleasure in seeing the two girls work together I also felt a little unnecessary! I suppose if mommy or daddy aren't going to get to teach her these things then her big sister is the next best thing.
Right now it's a bike with training wheels...soon it will be thirteen year old Brooke begging her seventeen year old sister to take her to the mall to meet her friends.
Evidence of their hard work...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love IT!!!!!

Karen said...

Love it! Very soon it will be teenagers. My older 2 no longer get along like they used to. But the oldest and youngest, best buds:)

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

Wow, she's got the turning down and everything! Nice! And Baileigh seems so patient with her. For now, anyway!