Sunday, April 12, 2009

I've Met My Match

This blog will be three years old in May. Since it's inception I have been very consistent in blogging and I've never really found it a struggle to ignore more pressing needs such as laundry, my children, dinner etc. in order to post something here for your reading pleasure.

I think I finally met my match.

A newborn and a houseful of family for the past 26 days is apparently the combination necessary to prevent me from consistently blogging. My in-laws left this morning and my Dad is coming to visit on April 25. Don't' get me wrong...it has been great to have the support of family around and I'm going to miss having someone here to take the girls to school, empty the dishwasher, hold Morgan when she is fussy or needs a bottle and I'm preoccupied. All that said...I'm also looking forward to starting a routine. In fact, I'm craving a routine!

The girls were on spring break this past week and Brad was home a week in March and just took a week off in April for his parent's visit. So not only have we had a baby and been making those adjustments, we haven't had any of our "normal" stuff going on through the transition. The girls have tomorrow off of school too so we'll have a day to get organized and then Tuesday we're back up and running. I'm not sure what that looks like right now but I'm anxious to figure it out. My plans are to get the kids to school and then return home and take Morgan for a 45 minute walk. That is another thing I'm craving, to get back to exercising and start loosing some baby weight. I'm not sure if I'll manage any triathlons this summer, I'm still contemplating it and haven't ruled the idea out. My main issue is finding the time this summer to train adequately with the four kids...that limits me to tying exercise into my time with them and then doing more intentional training in the evenings when my husband is home.

So apparently not posting in a while leads to me rambling on and on about my contemplations. I'll end for now and try to post some photos from our past few weeks. Thanks again for all the "concern" at the lack of my posting...it's nice to know someone is reading!

3 comments:

Abundant Joy said...

Glad ya'll are all good. The girls are beautiful. Love ya'll Laura

Shell in your Pocket said...

I am amazed you could write this! I would still be in my pj's for all 24 hours!
sandy toe

Anonymous said...

Love the new blog look!

Sherry