Monday, October 20, 2008

Reunion with Neighbors

It's been awhile since I posted...for me!

This past weekend I had a trip to NYC planned with some of my NJ girlfriends. Originally it was just going to be a get away for me, but I was thinking it would be a good time for the girls to get to see some of the friends they have been missing since we moved. I threw out the idea to Brad about the entire family driving up on Friday afternoon so we could meet friends for dinner and then he would spend Saturday with the girls and other friends from church while I was in NYC.

That was the original plan. Around 2:00 on Friday he realized he wasn't going to be able to leave work until around 5:00...so suddenly I went from a weekend alone to driving the three girls by myself back to NJ! I kept thinking on the drive, "How did this happen?" and "I did this to myself!"

The girls were so excited though to see some of their friends that it was worth the self induced insanity that I created.

The traffic was terrible, despite leaving at 2:00 and the three hour and fifteen minute trip took an extra hour! Thankfully we had a few new movies on the DVD player and the girls only needed one potty break. We arrived just in time to have dinner with our old neighbors and let the kids run around outside for two hours.

Baileigh informed me recently that she and Jacob were boyfriend and girlfriend. She has never been the type of girl to have crushes on boys or really talk about boyfriends so I was a little surprised by her comment. She said that just before we moved Jacob asked her to be his girlfriend and she agreed, then he kissed her on the cheek! I was aware she had been missing him...but I didn't realize it was because I was keeping these young loves apart!
Mckenna with her old school pals...Julianna and Isabelle.
Baileigh (with apparently her first boyfriend) and Jacob.

We enjoy our new neighborhood, and our neighbors have been very kind...but there aren't a lot of children on our small private drive and I don't envision forming the friendships that we did in our previous neighborhood. It's nice that we're close enough to occasionally visit...however it makes the transition to feeling like VA is our new home a little harder since we have so many great friends in NJ.

No comments: