Saturday, October 11, 2008

1st K Race

This morning Baileigh ran her first 1K while Brad ran the 5K in the 1st Annual Family Fun Run to raise funds for her school. It was an early Saturday morning for our gang as we walked to the school around 7:45am in order to arrive at 8:00am for the prerace stretch.

Runners were told to stand in the front and runners in the back of the 1K participants. Baileigh worked her way to the front of the group and told me she decided to run instead of walk. She took off in a sprint and kept up her pace throughout most of the run.



Afterwards Baileigh said, "I feel like I did a triathlon, Mommy!"
Baileigh helped Daddy finish his race.

Next year I promised Baileigh that we would run the 5k together.

2 comments:

Royal Cuties said...

Glad I wasn't there to let Baileigh beat me in the race!

lovin' life said...

You will have to help the school organize their first annual triathlon next year!

J