Wednesday, October 22, 2008

NYC 2008

Before I moved away from NJ I scheduled a fall trip to NYC with my girlfriends. We left early on a Saturday and made our way to the Staten Island Ferry Terminal. Usually we take the train into the city but this time we decided to try a few different things...including avoiding the Time Square area and focusing our time on the small neighborhoods outside the touristy areas. It's amazing what a different feel for the city you acquire when you spend the day in SOHO or Greenwich Village. You find yourself amongst a lot more locals, out walking their dogs or pushing their strollers through the Saturday afternoon farmer markets.

Walking through a market in Washington Square...lots of tempting food to eat and lots of tempting ways to waste money!


We grabbed a quick bite of lunch at one of my favorite places... Peanut Butter and Company!A local little neighborhood with a very European feel.
The view from the Brooklyn Bridge.
Our gang...nine of us went this year...our biggest turn out yet!
By the time we sat down for dinner we were all exhausted and hungry!
Despite being tired, I don't think these girls were really asleep!
I love NYC and I'm thankful that I'm still close enough to be able to make a day trip once in awhile. It is definitely easier to maneuver throughout the city without strollers and small children! And next time I take my family it will be with four children under seven. Yikes!

No comments: