Tuesday, October 03, 2006

First Solid Foods - Garlic Breadstick

I don't think a breadstick from Olive Garden is the doctor recommended first solid food for your infant...but this is my third child and I was in a pickle. I ate lunch out today (truly out...not the play area of McDonalds) with a girlfriend while the older girls were in preschool...pre-K for Baileigh, it is very important to her that I make that distinction. I reached for the bottle as Brooke was getting fussy and realized I had left it at home. I entertained her for another 10 minutes or so but was running out of ideas. This is really the first time in a restaurant with her in several months and she is at that pull everything off the table stage. I was a little caught off guard...when did she decide she could grow up so fast? She didn't ask her me!

So a desperate moment called for desperate measures...as a result Brooke's first solid was an Olive Garden breadstick. She grabbed it and began a 30 minute process of gnawing, sucking and mutilating a breadstick. Too bad I didn't have my camera with me...I'll have to omit this confession at the next doctor's visit!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think Lila's first solid food was a dill pickle. The breadstick is probably better.