Monday, October 30, 2006

Let The Celebrations Begin!

Yesterday began Baileigh's 5th birthday festivities. I say that because over the course of the next two weeks she is going to have a few different celebrations. Last night was her official party with some girls from church and preschool. Baileigh did a lot of the planning for this party so it was pretty eclectic. It was a butterfly-costume-pumpkin party. This week she will have the official birthday day spoiling and then her special day at school and a gathering of friends at Chuck E. Cheese with Daddy when he returns.

Since I mentioned costumes it is now time to admit/confess that I am letting my daughters be cheerleaders for Halloween. If you know me well you would know I am the anti-cheerleader and I will do everything in my power to encourage my girls otherwise as they mature. They are already learning our family mantra..."The Halls don't cheer, we're cheered for!" Despite my feelings on the "sport" of cheering I had a moment in Target where I was convinced otherwise. Baileigh saw the USA costume and got all excited and said, "U.S.A."...so I responded by saying, "Yes, Baileigh, the United State of America, our country that Daddy serves in the military for and the reason he is gone." Baileigh's response was "The United States of America, and to the Republic, for which it stands, one nation, under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all." I stood there with my jaw on the ground. I had no idea she knew the Pledge, "where did you learn that Baileigh?" "At preschool, or AWANA, I forget which one." Then, to soften my heart even more, she says, "Mommy can I be a USA girl and wear that to see Daddy when he comes home from protecting our country?"

What kind of mother would I be if I said no to that!? Unfortunately, the tenative arrival time for Brad's return is about 1am and I think the kids may be sporting pj's instead of "USA girl" outfits...but I'm sure we can wear them around the house for the next few months!

Decorating pumpkins the 5 year old girl way...with glitter and jewels!

This birthday game was a big hit since it allowed the girls to do something they normally are not allowed to do, unravel a roll of toilet paper!

Baileigh "helped" me make her butterfly birthday cake. Just as I was trying to convince her that it's a lot of fun to pick them out at the bakery and maybe we should do that next year she says, "Thank you Mommy for making my butterfly cake, its beautiful!" I decided I would be willing to make her another one again someday with the nice compliment!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you girls are incredible...I want to be with you all. What a blessing!!