Thursday, August 31, 2006

Why Does This Bother Me?

I was with a good friend the other day and learned that she doesn't/hasn't read my blog. I've told her about it. Sent her the link. Asked her about it. She looked once. Hasn't checked it again.

Why am I so bothered by this? Do I have vanity issues? Is this abnormal? I've been pondering this for a few days. Perhaps it's a personal answer that is relative. I guess my thinking is that I enjoy the chance to read a friends blog and find out what they are up to and their thoughts and feelings on issues. I feel that whatever insight I gain into their lives enables me to be a better friend and have a greater understanding of them. As I type this I wonder if these thoughts will ever pass before the eyes of this friend...I think I'm safe.

5 comments:

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

I have a friend who told me she couldn't read mine anymore because she felt too much like a fly on the wall in my house and it bothered her. I just shook my head.

Also, sometimes I talk to people who I think read my blog but will ask me direct questions that I have clearly addressed there. And I think, well, if you'd read my BLOG, you'd know!

It is a weird thing. But you're not weird.

Double A's Mom said...

I got pretty ticked when certain family members complained that I didn't e-mail pictures of Aaron out anymore. Hello! Check my Blog! You can download them from there and everything! I understand why it bothers you. For me, it's that I put so much work into it and I want people to see it, dangit!

Anonymous said...

In this day and age of busy-ness and computers, it seems that intimate connectedness is lacking. Blogs are fun, but perhaps your friends are longing to connect with you in more meaningful ways.....

Organized Chaos said...

Valid point...but this friend lives 2500 miles away and the opportunity to check in on my blog and see daily updates on my girls and our happenings would enable some level of intimicy to be cultivated...instead of hearing "I never see pictures of your girls"...or "I have no idea what you have been up to"...it's all on my blog.

Anonymous said...

I love your blog!!! I do feel guilty though sometimes b/c after I check it I feel like there is nothing left to talk about. I am also very envious of you. I love the idea and would LOVE to start one too! Miss you tons!