Thursday, August 24, 2006

We Made It!

We survived our flight east. The girls did really well. They were both up at 5:15am for our ride to the airport. Baileigh never slept all day. Mckenna finally nodded off as we were on our descent into Detroit airport. Brooke took a series of 15 minute cat naps but spent her awake time smiling and flirting with everyone around us. Despite not sleeping, they did well.

I give Frontier Airlines 2 thumbs up for their Direct TV service on every flight. The kids stared at the headrest for 2 hours watching a Richie Rich marathon. That was new to them and considering they were quiet I was generous in what I let them watch. The bags of Fritos that they give out as a snack were also a big hit!

So we're here and it rained today. It was a nice change but made me wonder if I'm truly ready for rainy season.

It was good to get the cousins together. Brooke and her cousin (4 months) have a lot of combined hair! Can't wait to post some pictures...that will have to wait.

We've spent a few days with Papa. I slept in his king size bed with Baileigh and Mckenna. Brooke was in the corner in a pack and play. I didn't know that 3 girls under 5 could all breathe so heavy! Besides a few kicks in the gut from Mckenna we survived.

Off to see Nana tomorrow.

That's all for now.

4 comments:

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

We all sleep in the same room at my parents' home and the best thing ever is a big box fan to drown out all the noise.

Double A's Mom said...

So glad to hear you made it in one piece! Ask the Girls' Moma, I was really sweatin' it for you with the whole flying with three kids thing. I get an ulcer flying with just my boy!

Anonymous said...

you're a trooper...I guess Mckenna can cause you pain in her sleep she is so good at it....

Anonymous said...

We've been thinking of you and are so happy you've had an uneventful trip thusfar. Now maybe you could all fly to NJ in October...