Thursday, July 16, 2009

Lake Huron

On our next day in town we drove up to Port Huron to see my friend, Laurie, at her family's cottage. Being in the military means that on a daily basis you don't typically get to interact with people whom you have much history...so its fun to have a chance to see friends who have known me since I was a child or teenager. Laurie has been like my big sister and I feel very old now seeing her kids in their teens and talking about college.

The morning was cool and windy so the girls started off by just playing on the beach.
We had a mini photo shoot...I took a ton of pictures with my new camera. I still have a lot of learning and reading to do about the various settings, but this trip was a good chance to experiment.

Amongst all the other things we did the girls also got a chance to ride ATV's on the beach. Notice how focused Baileigh is on driving in this photo.
Later in the day the girls got brave enough to try the cool water. It didn't last long but they had fun.

After taking a break for dinner we returned to the beach for a fire, smores, and fireworks. It was a beautiful sunset and pretty much the perfecting ending to a great day.
Brittany was only days old when I headed off to Taylor for my freshman year of college. One more year and she'll be starting her freshman year of college...wow, time goes so fast.
Morgan spent most of the day sleeping or getting a lot of well deserved love and attention.
It makes me sad that this family doesn't get to spend more time with my girls...but I appreciate how quickly they step into their lives when we do get to visit. There has been a lot of talk about Aunt Laurie and Uncle Bob and Brittnay ever since we left...I doubt we'll ever get to MI again without them asking us to go to the lake and have smores and fireworks.

No comments: