Saturday, May 31, 2008

Baileigh's Ballet Recital

As I hinted at yesterday, today was Baileigh's first (and maybe last) ballet recital. She danced in two numbers with her class and did a great job! The day was extra special for her since her Nana drove down from MI to see her perform.

Mckenna and Daddy...awaiting the curtain!

I wasn't able to get any great photos during her performance...this one was about the best.
After 13 years, this is the last year that Little Creek ballet will teach lessons to young children. Next year they will only offer lessons for ages 12 and up...the director wants to cut back and spend more time with her family. Although its our first (and only) year with this program I was very impressed with all the women that taught the classes and how much they cared about the girls.
Despite not getting any great pictures during her performances I did get a little video from her second song...the Supermarket Tango.

Baileigh was very excited to get flowers...I actually asked her if she would rather get flowers or go out for a treat afterwards. She thought about it and said, "flowers". When I asked her why she said, "I've never gotten my own flowers before". I think her Daddy has bought her flowers before and she doesn't remember...that fact aside, she got some flowers...and a treat.

Celebrating afterwards...

Baileigh with her wonderful teacher, Miss Betsy.

My tired ballerina.

I think this may be the end of the road for Baileigh's ballet career. She lost interest about four months ago but we insisted she continue and honor her commitment to her class. She is anxious to see what things she can get involved with when we move...her list of new interests include swim team, tennis, t-ball and maybe gymnastics.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Baileigh looks so grown up and so pretty in these pictures. How fun to watch her recital! I'll bet you were proud... I love how "light" on their feet they are!!! Cute video!