Sunday, May 18, 2008

"10"

This afternoon Mckenna has a gymnastics show to conclude the semester of her class. Throughout the year her class of 7 has slowly trickled down to these three fearless future Olympians!

The video was funny enough to me that despite Bloggers refusal to upload my footage I spent the time on YouTube just so you could enjoy her debut in this athletic arena. Notice she is the only one that was asked to do a cartwheel...because her skills are quite advanced as you're about to witness! Other things to notice would be her hip action, her wedgie picking and the way she shakes her head "no" at one point to her coach...apparently that was when she got cold feet and decided not to attempt the triple front flip with a back handspring. Watch out summer games 2016!


For the record...I pulled her hair back as asked by her teacher, but the giant flower like thing on the top of her head is the doing of her coach.

I don't know if Mckenna will continue with gymnastics down the road, but I'm constantly told that she has the perfect build for it...at least right now. She is solid muscle and has always been that way, Brad and I can't decide if she gets that from me or from him since its such a strong gene we both carry!
My little gymnast...photo compliments of her big sister.
The photographer instructed us to make a silly face for this photo...that is what happens when you hire a six year old!
We ended our fun afternoon with a quick stop at the grocery store to pick out a treat from the bakery and then the girls enjoyed their snacks (comprised of 100% sugar) at Starbucks with a hot chocolate to wash it down.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too Cute!!

Sherry

once upon a lifetime said...

Yeah... she is too stinkin' cute!!!
My favorite was the hip action... she's got some rhythm- and gets that from you too, right??!! ;-)

LDraper said...

Nice cartwheel!!!

Traci said...

You look so skinny!!!!