Tuesday, May 27, 2008

House Hunt

This weekend we went on our second house hunting excursion in Virginia. We think we had more success this time...we've made an offer on a pre- foreclosure in Woodbridge, VA. The owners have accepted our offer without any countering but since its a pre-foreclosure we have to wait to hear if their bank accepts the offer and then work through all the paperwork. It will be 2-3 weeks before we know for certain if we have the house and then a total of 6-8 until we can close.

The house needs some work but it had a few things going for it that we loved...its in a great neighborhood with a club house and swim club (membership and lessons included in the HOA fees!) and the best thing is that the elementary school is in the neighborhood just a few blocks down the street from our house! It has a finished walk out basement with a bathroom (good for guests!) and sits on a really private lot on a short street with just four houses.


Things could change and in a few weeks I may be posting about how we're soon to be homeless...but its looking hopeful

10 comments:

Jodi said...

It's really nice! I love the look...I hope you guys get it. :)

Lovin' on my Boys said...

Wow... that seems perfect for you guys! I just wish it was in Washington state. ;)

Anonymous said...

I'm happy for you. I know that must be a load off your mind.
Kate

LDraper said...

I love it! And what a cool neighborhood!

beukelman blog said...

what a great place and from the sound of it, a perfect neighborhood! i'm happy for you guys!

Anonymous said...

Niiice setup! :o)Hope it all works out in your favor.

Kathy said...

Looks wonderful! Walk out basements are so great... makes me miss the mid-west. Ya just don't have those on the Coast! I'll say a prayer that it all goes smoothly and is YOURS. It's so pretty, too!

lovin' life said...

What a relief...and blessing. I am glad the house hunt went well. Can't believe swim lessons are a part of the HOA dues! You lucked out!

JayLynn

Melodie said...

It seems great..very scenic! Good luck with everything...I know it's hard to wait and find out what's going on but hang in there!

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

Oh my goodness. And the longish driveway is nice since you have such a long one now. And the deck in the back will be like your house now. Very cool. Keep us updated!