Saturday, May 10, 2008

An Early Mother's Day

I've kinda been pouting because Brad will be gone for Mother's Day and I'm dieting...what a rotten combination. I can't even take the girls out for ice cream on my special day...well, I guess I could but it would require more discipline then I posses! Thus the reason I find myself needing to diet.

But today Baileigh gave me a little perspective when she wrote me two poems. These are her first poetic works, and as you can see, she is still mastering the English language. I will interpret to aid in your comprehension of her thoughts.

True, Brad won't be home so I won't get to indulge in some "me" time on Sunday...but what better day to spend with my girls and enjoy their company, especially when they are sweet enough to write me poems.




For my Mommy. I loves you so bad I just thought that you would like a poem so I worked so hard on this poem.



You are pretty like a rainbow. Your eyes are green like the grass. You speak as pretty as a queen when she is happy. You sing as a pretty as a bird. You are very kind and when I need someone you are there for me.

You are very kind and when I need someone you are there for me. You are sweet as ice cream and very kind. You would help me when things go wrong. You try hard to do things for me. When I do not obey you yell but you try not to make me cry.


By Baileigh Hall - Age 6


Don't get me wrong,a day at the spa would be nice...but could I truly want anything more for Mother's Day then my sweet girl's words (maybe minus the line about me yelling at her when she doesn't obey...)!

2 comments:

Chelle said...

What a good use of similies! Love those poems, so precious :)

Jodi said...

That made me cry, M!