Friday, May 09, 2008

Mother's Day Tea

Today Mckenna invited me to a Mother's Day Tea at her preschool. They had strawberry shortcake and pink lemonade for "tea" and presented each mom with a special necklace they had made.




After "tea" the kids sang a few songs and recited a poem about why they love their mother.
At the end Mckenna gave me a craft she had been working on for the past week with a poem and her hand prints.


Earlier in the week the kids drew pictures of something they like to do with their mom. Mckenna said we like to make quilts together!? Considering I don't sew I thought it was hysterical. Apparently they worked on this project on "Q" day when she brought in a quilt for show and tell and it was the first thing that came to mind!

The kids were also asked to tell their teacher why they love their mommy. Some of the answers were funny and incriminating...like "she takes me to Costco" or "she let's me chew gum but we don't tell Daddy." While mine isn't as entertaining, it's sincerity is pretty darn sweet.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those Special days at Preschool are some of my favorite. Happy Early Mother's Day.

Sherry

Traci said...

What an adorable post. I love the quilt comment.

beukelman blog said...

a mother's day tea! can mckenna get any more adorable? so cute!

Lovin' on my Boys said...

Ohhh... I just had a Mother's Milk and Cookie Party with my first graders today. And Jacob brought home his first Mother's Day present from preschool. So sweet.

Anonymous said...

So Sweet and Spice...kind of like her mother. Happy Mother's Day! Love and miss you girls!
Brad/Dad

lovin' life said...

Come on, can't you find a little extra time in the day to teach your daughters the fine art of quilting? I can hear them crying out for it. And later you can pass on cider milling and cleaning laundry in the washtub!

Tylertopia said...

Sweet!! We had a Mother's Tea too, which I still need to post...Isn't it the greatest feeling to be a mom? I love when we get to hear special songs they've learned and poems...and it really doesn't get much better than those great little crafts! :o)Happy Mother's Day!