Tuesday, December 19, 2006

R.I.P Zebra Blankie

A tragedy occurred on Tuesday. Brooke's beloved zebra blankie slipped out of her stroller and into the deep blue yonder of the crowded Disneyland resort. We (okay, I) searched and retraced our steps. Brooke has been a thumb sucker since she was born and she took to this little silky blankie and would instintly calm down and start sucking her thumb the minute you threw it on her head.

Loosing it made me feel like I lost a little of her babyhood. I reported it to the Disney lost and found and filled out the appropriate paper work. Every time the doorbell rings I'm hoping it is a Christmas miracle and zebra blankie is waiting for us on the doorstep. So far no miraclous...but I believe!

The plane ride home without zebra blankie was a little rough as were the next few nights and nap times. I tried to replace him with another small blankie, but somethings are just irreplacable.

I'm not feeling a great level of compassion or sympathy from Brad over this loss. It must be a mommy thing to mourne a loss like this. Can anyone relate? I can hear the wheels turning in Brad's head (slowly) as he thinks, "that is what you get for bringing it to Disneyland with us!" Or maybe, secretly, that is what I'm thinking.

This photo was taken the day that zebra ran away. I'll cherish it forever. I have many fond memories and photos of zebra blankie...I guess those will have to do for now until the doorbell rings.

No comments: