Monday, December 18, 2006

Thursday

If we only had today at the park it would have all been worth it. We had a blast. The girls were so excited, we all were actually. The park is beautifully decorated and its impossible to not be sucked in to the Christmas spirit. We spent the day in Disneyland. The weather was beautiful and the park wasn't too crowded. The girls were game to go on any and every ride. Brooke was a trooper and we did our best to keep her out of the stroller. If she was awake we took her on rides with us when possible.

Baileigh thought we should decorate our Christmas tree to the extent of the ones we saw at Disney. No pressure there! Their first autograph came from Pluto. Brooke wasn't sure what to think of the characters.
Meeting Mickey for the first time. After meeting a few characters Baileigh asked, "Mommy, why don't the characters talk to me?" Hmmmm...I had no answer to this insightful question! I'm sure glad we brought her when she was 5, she may have this all figured out soon.
Waiting for our rocket to launch!
We caught the end of a princess show. The girls begged to return tomorrow to see the entire thing...so we'll be back.
That night we stayed for the evening parade down Main Street. After the parade they have a fireworks show complete with falling snow during the grand finale. Now that is impressive! The girls eyes were huge..."SNOW!" On the walk back to our hotel Baileigh said, "I think this is the best day of my life. Thank you Mommy and Daddy for taking me to Disneyland." The comment was sincere and had us a little choked up. Then to top it off she says, "Actually, the best day of my life is when I asked Jesus into my heart. This is the next best day!" Are you kiddin me? Who is paying this kid to say this stuff!? I felt like I was on candid camera or that someone was feeding her lines. Could I be more proud as a Mom at that moment? Good thing we were already out of the park or I may have been compelled to by the extremely inflated princess outfit she commented about wanting a few hours earlier. Could she have possibly learned to manipulate to a degree this impressive at such a young age? Well I know she can...but truthfully I think her comments were completely genuine...making me all the more proud.

No comments: