Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Christmas Morning


I took yesterday off from blogging, since it was a holiday. The girls made our Christmas morning extremely entertaining. They were so excited and just ran around the house passing out presents. I wish I had a tape recorder so I could remember all the funny comments they made...like Mckenna told Uncle Chris on the phone that she got a "Tinkerbell outfit from the guest bedroom!" Earlier that week she disobeyed orders to stay out of the guestbedroom (our gift wrapping room) and discovered the outfit...thus the comment! Baileigh got a watch and made the comment "Oh, cool, a princess watch...it's great even though I can't tell time yet!
Brooke enjoyed playing with the bows and eating gift wrap whenever no one was paying attention!

The girls stretched their imagination by using Brooke's new Weeble-Wabble house as a bedroom for their Kelly dolls...Baileigh said they were having a slumber party. I asked her what exactly that meant. Her response was "they all slumber there." So I said, "what does 'slumber' mean?" Baileigh said, "it means you wear pajama's, watch movies, and hit each other with pillows." True.

Christmas presents usually become a lot less exciting for adults...but Brad got a paper shredder. It doesn't get more exciting then that! And I am getting a bike! Saying that makes me sound like a 6 year old. But I'm getting a Dolce Specialized Road bike that I am not worthy of. In an earlier post I mentioned that my goal is to complete a triathlon this summer, two as a matter of fact! So this bike is a little motivation for that goal, as well as accountability to future triathlons which is my new goal every summer. We're going to get fitted for it in a few weeks. I don't know if I find this exciting or scary. This may mean I'll have to go back to a spin class.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sweet bike! You must have been a really good girl this year! It'll be exciting for you to get fitted and start your training! That's awesome that you have the goal to participate in triathalons...You go girl!