Monday, April 16, 2007

Moving Day

The long anticipated day has arrived. It's 12:40am the morning of our move and I'm sitting on the floor getting ready to shut down our laptop which is resting on our vacuum box desk.

I feel as though this day has somehow sneaked up on me despite the fact we've been planning on it for awhile now.

We're not rushing out tomorrow. In fact, Brad has to go to work for a few exit meetings in the morning. The girls and I are meeting with a friend for one last play date. After lunch we sign papers at the title company for the sale of our house and then we'll hit the road. We're just driving 2.5 hours to Portland tomorrow. Then the fun begins!

Mt. Rainier peaked through the clouds today and eventually cleared for what may be my final views of the majestic mountain. I will miss that view that I know I've taken for granted on too many days!

Today was full of sad good-byes. A few more tomorrow. I'm too tired for tears though...there will be time for that on the drive.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

No tears....you're heading to NJ!
And we can't wait to have you back!
love, melissa

The Draper Family said...

Be safe...
I look forward to keeping up on your beautiful family via the blogging world!

Love,
Lindsey, Reagan & Ian

Tylertopia said...

We are so blessed for the time we were able to share with your family. The time flew by too fast and we are sad to see you move away. You will be so missed here! We will be sure to keep in touch with you often and keep you in our daily thoughts and prayers.

Love-
Rebecca,Ryan,Ayden & Kael

Triple Trouble said...

We will be praying for your safe and sane arrival to NJ. Welcome back to the East Coast!

Jodi said...

I'll pray for your safe and sane travel...You will be missed...

Anonymous said...

Your friends in New Jersey have missed you...you may be leaving loving friends behind but the good news is your returning to friends who love you just as much. Can't wait to see you all.