Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Boxes or Blogging

The packers came today...the move has begun. Technically I guess it began when we put the house on the market. But today it all became reality. This evening I sit surrounded by stacks of boxes. It's funny how as a people we struggle with our cravings for material "stuff" and wealth...but when it's suddenly being examined by a third party and condensed into brown cardboard rectangles you get a sense of embarrassment at the excess.

I think we've actually scaled down what we have in certain areas...like in our kitchen and just in the nick-knack department in general (doesn't blend well with kids). But adding a child into every move means we gain "stuff" in other areas.

I negotiated two unpacked items for the evening...obviously the computer and then a small TV so I wouldn't miss tonight's episode of LOST. I actually wish it wasn't on tonight because I'm exhausted and anxious to sleep. Last night I crashed at 2:30 and Brooke woke up at 3:00 and didn't stop her crying until 5:00 am...then the alarm woke me at 7:00am...2 hours of sleep just doesn't cut it. I'm not sure what is up with Brooke. She usually sleeps 12 hours but lately she is up crying around 2:30 or 3:00 for as much as two hours. Dr. said no ear infection and her throat looks fine. She isn't cutting any new teeth that we can feel. Oh well...at least when she doesn't sleep well next week because she is in her pack n play and strange hotel rooms I'll be used to it!

They pack one more day tomorrow and then load the truck on Friday. I took a few pictures of the stacks of boxes but Blogger isn't cooperating tonight. We camp out over the weekend and have the house cleaned on Saturday. On Monday we close on the house and Brad has to go to work for a few hours...then it's off to Portland for dinner. Let the fun begin! 18 days of family fun...yahoo. And, like most people would...we're driving from WA to NJ via stops in Salt Lake City, Colorado Springs, Dallas/Ft. Worth, then probably up to Indian and then a stop in Dayton and then head east. Ya know, the direct route!

I'll attempt to blog when possible, but whatever alone time I get I may need it just to recoup my sanity.

2 comments:

Chelle said...

Happy moving, if there is such a thing. Impressed with the triathlete thing, that is something I would like to try. I have done one full marathon and a couple half marathons, but a triathlon? WOW! You rock.

Double A's Mom said...

You DO rock with your triathlon. I'm so nervous about my little 5K that it's not even funny.

I hope your move goes smoothly. We haven't had to do a cross country one yet, just half the country, and definitely not with three kids, so I feel for you. Good luck!