Saturday, April 21, 2007

Colorado Springs

We arrived on Friday afternoon to Colorado Springs. This city is growing like crazy! I lived here 10 years ago and there are new housing developments and schools on every corner and new roads that completely disorient me. This city is a special place for us since this is where we met, dated and got engaged. It's fun to reminisce...despite the girls disinterest in our stories.

We're enjoying our time with our AF friends, the Maddox family...Grace is one of Baileigh's best buddies. We'll spend two more days here to visit Focus on the Family and other old friends and then head to TX on Tuesday. Sorry for the lack of photos, but I'm not that organized right now so be thankful I'm even finding my way to a computer to update you on our travels.

The girls are enjoying the time out of the car and the swing set in the backyard. They all seem a little overwhelmed and tired from our journey. Mckenna has been having some meltdowns that include her requesting for us to "go home"...easier said then done my little one! I think this transition concept and the new house we're heading too is hard for her to wrap her little mind around...it is for me too sometimes!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the trip is going well. I hope you had a great time at the Maddox's, the Castile's miss all of you. Please call us when you finally hit the Garden State.