Saturday, April 28, 2007

33

It's my birthday. Today. Another year...wiser? I remember when I was a teenager thinking that by the time I turn 30 I want to have finished my masters, married, and had a baby. Check. Check. Check. Apparently at the time, 30 was the pinnacle of birthday achievements and I didn't consider any goal setting beyond that "old age". So now I'm three years beyond that point and time and have added two more babies to the equation in the past 3 years. I've lived on the east coast. I've lived on the west coast. I'm moving back to the east coast.

Although I enjoy birthday celebrations...apparently it becomes a little less celebratory as the years progress. However, my girls think it is a pretty important day and I appreciate their enthusiasm for my milestone. They personally designed my birthday cake...it looks very similar to many of Baileigh's rainbow, flowers, and sunshine drawings that used to adorn my fridge. And of course they were anxious to help consume the bakery's masterpiece.


We're back in the car tomorrow after our downtime in Texas. We'll spend two days traveling to Nashville for a brief stop. Calling our Suburban home is growing old and I'm tiring of the suitcase and garbage bag in lieu of laundry baskets. Our journey has been fun, but the end is in sight...barely, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

4 comments:

Tylertopia said...

Hey! Hope you had a wonderful b'day. Great cake, love the artwork. It's quite an accomplishment to have met all of the goals you set for yourself by the time you were 30. Ummm, as for me...no comment! :o)But life is still awesome and I wouldn't change a thing...wait,that's not true, I do wish my baby would sleep so I could too! I'm kinda tired.

The Draper Family said...

Happy Birthday to you! Nothing like a birthday on the road :)

By the way... you look fantastic in that picture of you and the girls with your cake!

Lovin' on my Boys said...

Happy Birthday Melynie! I miss you so much already and am really glad to catch up with what is happening on your blog. (By the way, now that I'm an official blogger... I decided to start leaving comments. :) They're fun to read!

Jodi said...

Happy belated birthday! We actually spent a Christmas on the road, when the Navy decided to shut down a base in Michigan, and gave us two weeks to move to San Diego! We pretended it was Christmas early, and then headed out with our two cars - Joe driving one and me in the other- with CBs to talk back and forth to each other....We had a 2 1/2 year-old and a 5 month old at the time...Isn't the military life fun? :)