Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Milestones

This has been a big week around our house...it marked Brooke's return to preschool and Morgan entering the solid food stage. Thankfully, both transitions went smoothly!

Brooke, three in a half...although she is pretty convinced she is at least five! She asked me several times this morning in a very excited and hopeful voice, "Mom, you aren't going to stay at my school today, right?"
Showing off the $5 backpack she picked out one day when we were at Joanne Fabric's on another mission. Who knew they even had backpacks!? I'm not sure how long it will last but she was immediately obsessed with the bag and I figure its $5 well spent!
Getting oriented to her classroom and finding her hook for her bag.
Brooke and her teacher, Ms. Stephanie. Brooke was pretty in love with last years teacher but her infatuation with Ms. Stephanie seems to already be growing and I think last years teacher will soon be old news. An extra exciting bonus for Brooke is that Ms. Stephanie attends our church so she is very hopeful to see her on Sunday as well!
While Brooke was off to school I finally took the time to start Morgan on baby food. I remember feeding Baileigh rice cereal the day she turned four months. That was seven years ago and four children later...Morgan will be 6 months old in a few days and I finally decided we would work meals into our schedule. I figured why add the hassle, the cost and the time for a few more months if she was growing and satisfied with a bottle. We've always had constipation issues with Morgan so along with cereal she started on prunes. The combo seems to be working.
Morgan has always been good for some funny expressions...but feeding her for the first time caused some new looks I had never seen before!

2 comments:

Shell in your Pocket said...

Love those big blue eyes!
sandy toe

Lovin' on my Boys said...

I waited as long as possible to start solids with Casey! It just takes so much more time to feed them each day. :)

I started Jacob right at four months too though, being my first. ;)