Friday, September 25, 2009

Happy Birthday Brad!

Yeah...Brad is older then me again! We had a busy night with the girl's Open House at school but we managed to grab a bite together at Famous Daves. Considering Brad doesn't usually get home until around 8pm just sitting down together for dinner was a present! Of course, the girls remembered to bring the family birthday hat, lucky Daddy!
Our waitress saw his hat and inquired about his birthday. So he couldn't blame me when the staff sang to him and brought dessert. He looks thrilled, doesn't he!
Oh wait, now he is thrilled!
After dinner we went to school and then came home for cake and ice cream. I made a lot of suggestions for a cake but the girls insisted on a football cake. When I asked why their response was, "Because Daddy likes football!!" Duhh!

This is the saddest little crooked cake ever. I made it in about 5 minutes while on the phone with a girlfriend and putting out fires at home. My heart wasn't in it, sorry honey...maybe because I wasn't really planning on eating any since I'm trying to loose that baby weight. It was a stressful night and I wasn't really in the mood for cake decorating.

Random...I think Morgan looks like Mckenna and I think you can see it in this picture.

5 comments:

Greg said...

I LOVE that black eyed peas song!! When I was still "allowed" to pick up Joel I would dance him around the house to it! It makes me happy!

I totally understand not being into making cakes for hubby, after making cakes for the kids I am all caked out!! It looked pretty good to me despite you not being in love with the idea!

When's our next ladies night out?!

Heather

Anonymous said...

oops...I was signed in to Greg's account...that was Heather Spencer...in case you're wondering :0)

DESIWELCH said...

LoL... I had to laugh when I saw the cake! And yes! Morgan totally looks like Mckenna! I still think that she looks alot like her daddy though!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun filled night. Don't despair cake tastes the same no matter how it looks.

I agree that Mckenna and Morgan look alike.

Sherry

Shell in your Pocket said...

What a sweet family!
sandy toe