Thursday, September 10, 2009

First Day of School

The day has finally arrived! Mckenna freaked out the night before school was to start...I think it was a panic attack at the age of 6! But thankfully this morning she woke up excited and relatively calm.
My second grader...its amazing how loosing a few teeth has aged her quickly!
Brooke was excited for the first day of school, too...primarily because we were going to walk to school in the rain and she liked that idea. She never seemed overly sad to see her sisters go but she did say hello to their neighborhood school every time we drove by as well as complained that there was no one to play baby with since "Penna and Bayee" weren't home.
A rainy first day of school isn't ideal for photos, oh well.
This is my favorite part of our walk to school...just beyond the woods the path heads uphill and continues uphill for the majority of the remainder of the walk. That is my least favorite part of our walk to school.
Waiting for the crossing guard...
The school girls with their bubble sisters.When we finally made it through the crowds towards the front door the lines for K and 2nd had already entered the building. For the first time Mckenna got a deer caught in headlights look on her face and started to panic. Baileigh put her arm around her sister and said, "Don't worry, Mom, I know where to take her. She'll be fine. Let's go, Mckenna." And with that they both kissed me and turned and walked hand in hand into their school. And it was also then that I started to fight back tears.
That was three days ago...since then Baileigh offers every morning, "Mckenna do you still want me to walk you to your class today?" Mckenna accepts gladly. It still makes me teary eyed. I suppose the first morning Mckenna says, "no thanks, I'm fine" I'll be teary eyed for different reasons.

1 comment:

Royal Cuties said...

It's about time! Just because you have FB, doesn't mean you can give up your blog!!! :)