Monday, May 11, 2009

My Mother's Day

My family made it a wonderful Mother's Day thanks to my wonderful family. My morning started with breakfast in bed accompanied by presents and homemade cards! Then we headed off to church and chose this morning to finally join our church and become members which meant going up front as a family towards the end of the service. After church we had a nice lunch out and then returned home for some rest time. After a little downtime Brad took the girls on their first fishing excursion! Earlier in the week Brad bought them their first fishing poles and it is all they have been talking about since then. Initially Brad didn't think fishing on Mother's Day was a good idea, until I told him he had my complete support to leave the house for two hours with three out of four of our kids! That is a gift in and of itself.

I was supposed to use my "alone" time to relax but it was such a beautiful day and I'm so desperate to loose some baby weight that I decided to use my time by taking Morgan in the jog stroller on a walk. We went to the lake in our neighborhood where Brad was fishing with the girls and I brought my new camera to capture the moment.
The night before Brad was prepping the tackle box the girls picked out at the store. His quote was, "Never in my life did I imagine stocking a pink Barbie tackle box!"
Mckenna has a very cool fishing rod that is more like a gun...you pump it and it shoots out the line instead of traditional casting. While I was there tacking pictures there were 3 boys that came by on their scooters and stopped to watch. They immediately started talking about her rod and the fact that they had seen it on TV and how cool it was...she was pretty proud. And she caught two fish!

Such a good Daddy...not just on Mother's Day.
I was there taking pictures when Baileigh caught her first fish. She ended up catching two more in about five minutes. Thankfully it's catch and release!

This lake has tons of fish which makes for a great first time experience. Each girl caught at least one fish in their less then two hours of fishing.

Brooke selected a pink barbie rod at the store. She even caught a fish (with Daddy's help). As expected, she was the first to loose interest...the fact she missed her nap didn't help.


After dinner they went and picked up dinner so I didn't have to cook. We finished out the night by making smoothies with my new Mother's Day blender that I had asked for (mine died). It was a relaxing and fun day. I'm very blessed to be a mommy of these four girls. I had to take at least one picture of Morgan who chilled in the jog stroller and watched the fishing show.


No comments: