Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The Nursery

I was taking a few pictures of Morgan today and decided to share some pictures of her room. I'm proud of this room because I made a lot of things in it...with the help of my hubby and my mom. I've used the same Pottery Barn bumper and quilt for my first three girls, and while I like it and it holds a sentimental place in my heart I was ready for a change but didn't want to spend a lot of money.

We painted the room "pine nut" when we first moved in...okay, okay, it looks yellow. But in some lights its a little more creamy, thus the "pine nut " name. We took out the brown wood fan and put up a new white fan. I already had this rug from one of the girl's previous rooms. I bought some fabric I liked and used it to decoupage letters for Morgan's name, create a cornice board for her window, and made a bed skirt for the crib with my mom during her visit.

I bought a second complimentary pink fabric and used it to cover a lamp shade I already had as well as a recycled night light and memo board that was a shower gift for Baileigh in 2001!
Her name took longer then I expected to decoupage but it was relatively fun and pretty easy and inexpensive.-

I bought an inexpensive soft pink bumper since I wasn't using my old bedding...considering the only other thing I really bought was some fabric I figured I could splurge!

She may wear a lot of hand me downs in her lifetime but at least I can tell her she had an original room!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Love this! So, so cute!

Anonymous said...

Good job! It's really cute.

Jodi said...

Its so cute - great job! :) I also enjoyed the 2 month pics. Every pic she looks like a different one of her sisters, I think! :) What a sweetie.

Kathy said...

Great job on her room, Mel! Love the decopauge idea with the matching fabric. Makes me excited to create Mary's "big girl" room. I'm tired of the same Beatrix Potter stuff all three kids have used in the nursery. The room looks GREAT... and... looks like you bought a new glider too?