Sunday, May 24, 2009

Memorial Day

Holidays like today are so meaningful to me as a military spouse. We didn't get to spend this weekend with Brad as he was volunteering as a mentor at TAPS (Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors) Grief Camp. It's an annual camp designed for families who have lost a military loved one. Brad had a tiring weekend as he was assigned to a twelve year old who's father had committed suicide after returning from the war. As much as we missed having him around this weekend, the fact that he would volunteer to do something like this when he could have had a relaxing weekend is one of the things I love about him.

We headed to church without Daddy after a morning photo shoot. Our church had asked anyone in the military to wear their uniform to church. At church they played all the different services' songs and had the various branches come forward as their song was played. I would say approximately 25% of the participants were in uniform. Once everyone had come forward onto the stage I would say there were at least 125 people. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised considering the location we live in and its proximity to DC. It was a very emotional service and made me proud to be in the Air Force.

My patriotic girls...




Thank you to my hubby for his service and sacrifice for our family and our country. We're proud of you.

No comments: