Wednesday, May 20, 2009

2 Months Old

I keep pondering whether the past two months have flown by or whether it seems like two years since Morgan was born. The answer is "YES"! When I think of everything that has happened since she arrived and the amount of family we've had visit then it definitely seems awhile ago. When I think about how naturally she fits in our family and how "normal" it feels to go to a restaurant and ask for a table for 6 with a sling for an infant carrier.

Perhaps this quick transition to normal has been due to what an easy baby Morgan has been. Apparently she got the memo that she is the fourth and final and this means, according to personality trait studies, that she should be easy going and laid back...and spoiled. I foresee all of those in her future.
She is giving us a few smiles here and there to the delight of her sisters. They are very proud of themselves when they can get her to smile and it often becomes a competition.
Snoozing...
I just love her little lips.

At two months she is getting up once a night usually around 4:30am for a bottle which I can't really complain about. As far as a schedule...she is the 4th child with three busy sisters...what schedule? She goes when we have to go and she sleeps when she can...perhaps the reason for the easy going temperament of last borns. I think they quickly realize the world isn't revolving around them and that they are along for the ride. I wonder daily what I used to do when I was home with Baileigh?! Seriously...all that time I had in comparison! I guess I was figuring out the "Mom" thing...I love all my girls but it would be nice every once in awhile to have those days!

2 comments:

Shell in your Pocket said...

so very sweet~
sandy toe

Lovin' on my Boys said...

With three boys, I always wonder that too... what did I do with all of my time when I just had Jacob? I guess it was easier to go stir crazy though. No time for that now!